I kid you not when I say that this DIY recipe right here is the best face mask for acne prone skin as well as scarred skin! I can’t tell you how many poor, sad faces this mask has saved (including mine!). The amazing ingredients in this mask are probably already in your kitchen, so it’s a breeze to whip up, plus it’s all natural. Use this mask for yourself and see the immediate difference and tell your friends about it too, because a mask this good cannot be kept a secret!
Why This Mask Works
This face mask contains cinnamon which is a natural cleanser and disinfectant. Those with acne prone skin needs a strong cleanser and disinfectant (like honey) to penetrate the skin and get rid of all the infectious dirt that lies in the skin.
Nutmeg is a powerful and natural spice which has been used for thousands of years in skin care regimens. Nutmeg attacks the acne pustules and removes redness, bumps, and scarring. You should seriously have a supply of this in your home at all times!
Honey is also a natural cleanser and disinfectant, but it will also add a bit of moisture to an otherwise pretty powerful combination of the above two items. Honey has also been used for thousands of years in skin care regimens, so there’s no reason you shouldn’t be using honey on your skin!
Lemons are amazing at clearing up acne scars and lightening dark spots and uneven skin tone because of the acid it contains.
Face Mask For Acne Recipe:
- 1-2 tbsp organic honey
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lemon wedge
- In a medium sized bowl, mix equal parts nutmeg with equal parts cinnamon.
- Then, mix in your honey and squeeze a lemon wedge into the mixture.
- Your mixture should be a thick paste. If not, add a little bit more honey!
- Apply the mask to a cleansed face and let it sit for 20-40 minutes.
- Before washing the mask off, massage it into the face in slow circular motions. This will exfoliate the skin.
- Rinse off completely, pat dry, and follow up with a moisturizer.
Don’t forget to share this awesome post 🙂
Image Source: HomemadeRecipes